Read below and find out!
TL:DW: An eighteen year old girl who has been verbally and physically abused by her alcoholic mother for over ten years needs help to get the fuck out of there. Please donate if you can to the link below, and/or please share this video! There are other testimonials that verify her situation, but this is the main donation video. Thank you all very much!
GO SEE THIS MOVIE.
BASK IN ITS GLORY.
So I’ve been neglecting my Warcraft fan fiction Twelve Women of Azeroth because I’ve been playing Warcraft a lot to get up to date on the lore, and boy howdy, is there some lore. So far this is one of my favorite cinematics to date (my absolute favorite being when Vol’jin has been appointed as Warchief. MY FEELS, MAN. MY FEELS):
At first I was like–
when you could see that Maraad just ate his last tamale. Then Yrel and Maraad have this beautiful moment that makes me all–
AND THEN AND THEN YREL’S LIKE “SUPER SAIYAN BADASS MODE HOME SKILLET!!!11!!” AND I’M ALL–
Good gravy talk about emotional whiplash. This is good, though, and my favorite out of the three major deaths in WoD. Velen’s sacrifice, while noble, felt hollow because this isn’t our main timeline’s Velen, but alternate universe!Velen. On the other end of the spectrum, our main timeline Garrosh did die but it feels cheap. Probably because Thrall declared mak’gora and then didn’t follow the rules of mak’gora at all. Yeah, Garrosh is a bloodthirsty asshole who’s killed countless numbers of people for his shitty version of Horde, but when you declare mak’gora, there’s an implication of honor, y’know? There’s been a lot of people throwing around the term “mak’gora,” though. Maybe we should take a break from it and play checkers to the death or something.
What was I saying?
Oh, right, fan fiction. Anyway, here’s my goal for the week:
– rewrite Mishka’s chapter (don’t worry if you like the original chapter, I’ll post it as its own one-shot)
– write the short story about Ciere, one of Mishka’s friends in the rewritten chapter, and her relationship with Maraad and his sister (I’m still coming up with the name if anyone has any suggestions)
– write the next Leda chapter
I’ll post again this coming Saturday about my progress. See ya!
Made my mom French toast for breakfast followed by cucumber sandwiches and lemon almond scones (you need to buy this month’s issue for the recipe, sorry! But they came out really good. Just make sure everything is cold and stays cold until you pop it in the oven!) with black raspberry jam. All in all a pretty good Mother’s Day!
Sorry it’s been a while, y’all. I’ve been busy and playing Warcraft because I’ve been too tired doing much else. So here’s a quick update:
– I’m going to go to SFSU for a Masters in Creative Writing, Fiction
– I’m planning my sister’s baby shower
– I’m going to get up early tomorrow to make my mom a surprise Mother’s Day tea at home
– I have so much writing to do and will eventually put a post here of my projects
– Having read several Let’s Reads (Jenny Trout, The Drunk Librarian, Let’s Read With Nella), I’m somewhat tempted to do a blind reading of An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. Why this book in particular? It’s about a guy named Colin Singleton (cue laugh track) who dates and is dumped by 19 women named Katherine. Oh, and fun fact, all the Katherines each share the last name of the nineteen girls/women that dumped John Green. I ain’t shitting you. He lists all of them and why they dumped him, and it is ringing all sorts of alarm bells in my head. However, I am a (somewhat) professional, and am capable of separating the really-creeping-me-out-author from his work. Who knows, maybe I’ll even like this book.
So that’s a quick update for now. Have a good Mother’s Day!